Win Free Tickets to See Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, and Volbeat in Detroit
Get your tickets here beginning Friday morning before they’re sold out!
We’re really excited about this show, and we want to make sure you can go, so we’re giving you chances all week to qualify for FREE tickets!
All this week, Monday through Friday, be listening for Metallica to play between noon and 7pm. Every time you hear them, call 770-WGRD…caller #9 will be instantly qualified to win:
- a pair of tickets to the concert
- hotel stay in Detroit the night of the show
- $200 shopping spree at the Metallica merch booth at the show
This show is going to sell out fast, so get your tickets as soon as they go on sale, and keep listening to GRD for chances to win free tickets! There aren’t many to win…
Subscribe to 97.9 WGRD on
Subscribe to 97.9 WGRD on
Subscribe to 97.9 WGRD on
METALLICA ANNOUNCE THE WORLDWIRED 2017 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR IN SUPPORT OF HARDWIRED…TO SELF-DESTRUCT
AVENGED SEVENFOLD AND VOLBEAT TO SUPPORT
TICKETS ON-SALE THIS FRIDAY
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – (Feb. 13, 2017) – Metallica today announced their WorldWired 2017 North American tour in support of their new album Hardwired… To Self-Destruct. The WorldWired 2017 tour is produced by Live Nation and kicks off on May 10th in Baltimore, MD at M&T Bank Stadium. The tour will crisscross its way across North America into the summer, marking the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees and Grammy® Award winning band’s first proper North American tour since 2009. Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat will be the main support acts for the tour run. See below for a list of all confirmed dates.
Presale tickets will be available to Legacy Fan Club members beginning on Tuesday, February 14 at 9:00 AM local time, with presale tickets available to all Met Club members beginning on Tuesday, February 14 at 11:00 AM local time. Tickets go on sale to the general public beginning this Friday, February 17th at 10:00 AM local time. Each ticket purchased will come with a copy of the Hardwired…To Self-Destruct album, available as a physical CD or a digital download. Get complete ticket info.
Citi is the official credit card of the WorldWired 2017 North American Tour. Citi cardmembers can take advantage of a special presale opportunity for all show dates in the U.S. beginning on Tuesday, February 14th at 11:00 AM local time. Get additional details.
Every ticket purchased through official outlets includes your choice of a standard physical or standard digital copy of Hardwired…To Self-Destruct. Fans should expect to receive information from Warner Music Artist Services on how to redeem their albums within 14 business days after their purchase. Full details of how you can gift the album, should you have already purchased, will be given on the redemption page.
Metallica has partnered with CID Entertainment to offer four options of special enhanced experiences on this tour, including premium tickets and amenities, including: early access to the venue, a visit to the ‘Memory Remains’ exhibit of memorabilia, and meet and greets. Get full package details.
Additionally, Metallica has announced the formation of their All Within My Hands Foundation, which will raise funds to support a cross-section of national, local and Bay Area charities that the individual band members support, along with continuing to donate to music education programs and local food banks. Through a collaboration with Crowdrise, the band encourages fans to make a donation when purchasing tickets to the upcoming shows. Get more information.
Hardwired…To Self-Destruct was released on November 18 on Metallica’s own Blackened Recordings record label and debuted at No. 1 around the world, selling over 800,000 copies worldwide in its first week. The album was produced by Greg Fidelman with James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich, and is available in various configurations at www.metallica.com.
Praise for Hardwired…To Self-Destruct includes: The New York Times: “Metallica has embraced its adulthood, reclaiming the attack of its music while jettisoning the image of a hard-rock band as young, fast and out of control;” Rolling Stone: “Metallica’s ‘Hardwired’ shreds back to vintage eighties terror;” Decibel: “Metallica balances legacy, longevity, and longitude with Hardwired…To Self-Destruct;” Kerrang!: “This is Metallica galvanized, refreshed, refocused and rediscovering themselves. Best thing they’ve done since The Black album? Yep;” The Guardian: “Metallica have just made their finest record in 25 years;” NME: “Metallica remain both vital and innovative;” San Jose Mercury News: “Metallica has once again delivered an album that echoes and underscores the mood of millions;” and much more.
- May 10 – Baltimore, MD – M&T Bank Stadium*^
- May 12 – Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field*^
- May 14 – East Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium*^
- May 17 – Uniondale, NY – New Coliseum^
- May 19 – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium ^
- May 21 – Columbus, OH – Rock On The Range Festival (SOLD OUT)
- June 4 – St. Louis, MO – Busch Stadium^
- June 7 – Denver, CO – Sports Authority Field*^
- June 11 – Houston, TX – NRG Stadium*^
- June 14 – San Antonio, TX – Alamodome*
- June 16 – Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium*
- June 18 – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field*
- July 5 – Orlando, FL – Camping World Stadium*^
- July 7 – Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium*^
- July 9 – Atlanta, GA – SunTrust Park*^
- July 12 – Detroit, MI – Comercia Park*^
- July 14 – Quebec City, QC– Festival D’Ete
- July 16 – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre*^
- July 19 – Montreal, QB – Parc Jean-Drapeau*^
- July 29 – Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl*+
- August 4 – Phoenix, AZ – University of Phoenix Stadium*+
- August 6 – San Diego, CA – Petco Park*+
- August 9 – Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field*+
- August 14 – Vancouver, BC – BC Place*+
- August 16 – Edmonton, AB – Commonwealth Stadium*+
*With Avenged Sevenfold