Producer Steve Wants Your Thoughts on Toddlers and Tiaras, Honey Boo-Boo Child and Bad Parenting
Have you ever watched “Toddlers and Tiaras”? (If you’re reading this, it’s doubtful that you have). Basically, it’s a television show that allows beastly mothers that are decades past their prime the opportunity to force their terribly adjusted daughters on to the scene that is beauty pageants. We’ve talked about this on our show a bunch of times. It seems like this pageant mom in particular is really taking some heat now, though, because of this “Go-Go Juice” that she’s forcing down her already fat kid’s pie hole. Here’s the news story to get you caught up.
So many things are wrong with this story. Here’s a short list.
- First off, “Honey Boo-Boo Child”? No. Let’s give you a nickname more fitting, like Dump Truck.
- I like the “there are worse things out there” argument. Yes, there definitely are worse things. But how many people need to tell you something is bad before you clean the cake frosting out of your ears and listen? I’m no expert, but I don’t think that a first grader should be downing the caffeine equivalent of two cups of coffee in a sitting. Luckily for me, the American Academy of Pediatrics agrees.
- You’re allowing your child to develop neurological and cardiovascular problems. Simple as that.
- Mom, you look like a train wreck. Join Curves and wash your hair.
- “Physical dependence” and “addiction” are not words that should ever be associated with someone so young. Congrats for ruining your child.
When asked if she was worried that her already plump kid would become addicted or dependent, she was too stupid to answer the question asked and said that no matter what her kid looked like, she would still love her the same. Well thank you, Mother of the Year. That’s the stance to take!
Now, I’m not a parent, so maybe I’m way off base (but I’m not). What are your thoughts on this? Is it OK to force feed your rotund offspring unhealthy stuff for little or no gain? Should this kid be taken away from Mama Boo-Boo?