6 Reasons Not to Fear Friday the 13th Cuz I Couldn’t Come Up with 13
In case you haven’t looked at a calendar this week, tomorrow might have you saying FRI… NAY? Instead of FriYay.
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th, the unluckiest day of the year to those who are superstitious. But where did the superstition come from?
National Geographic says it dates back to biblical times, for example, in The Last Supper, the 13th guest was Judas who ultimately betrays Jesus, who was then crucified on a Friday.
In the Book of Genesis, Eve was tempted by the serpent on a Friday to eat the apple aka the forbidden fruit. She then convinced Adam to do the same and from there sin and temptation existed.
Numerologists say that the number is unlucky because it comes after the number 12 which is considered a “complete” or “perfect number” - 12 months in a year, 12 signs of the zodiac, a dozen eggs
Whether you believe it or not, the fear of the day and the number are a real phobia. There are businesses and hotels who don’t even have a 13th floor. But why waste your day being scared?
Here are 6 reasons why you shouldn’t fear Friday the 13th because I couldn’t come up with 13:
- It’s Friday. The work week is coming to a close and a weekend full of adventure or laziness is right upon us.
- It’s Taylor Swift’s favorite number. And her career has been the opposite of unlucky
- Horror movie fanatics can watch a marathon of Friday the 13th movies.
- If you’re late, just blame the date.
- You’re too cute to spook.
- Friday the 13th is better than any Monday.
Get our free mobile app
Fun fact: This is the only Friday the 13th in all of 2021.