Top Ten Reasons Traverse City Makes A Great Winter Getaway Destination
1. You can dine at amazing restaurants and find out why Traverse City was named One of America’s Top Five Foodie Towns by Bon AppetitMagazine.
2. You can plan a girls’ shopping weekend or a romantic couples’ get-away at one of Traverse City’s many lodging properties while enjoying low, off-season rates! Choices range from large full-service resorts to cozy family-operated motels. For something new, spend the night at a unique winery chateau, rustic Up North cabin, or an elegant casino hotel.
3. You can check off items on your Christmas shopping list with one-of-a-kind finds from the charming shops and boutiques that line Front Street, Old Town and the Warehouse District. Choose from women’s clothing boutiques, toy shops, independent book stores, jewelry shops, art galleries, and more!
4. You can tour the seven Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula and sip wine by a roaring fire while enjoying the breathtaking vistas offered by this 20-mile long peninsula that divides East and West Grand Traverse Bay.
5. You can visit some of Leelanau Peninsula’s 20 wineries and distilleries, and then stop off at the Pierce Stocking Drive overlook to discover why Good Morning America’s viewers rated the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore as The Most Beautiful Place in America!
6. You can try your luck at black jack, video poker, craps, roulette, and over 2,000 slots at Leelanau Sands Casino or Turtle Creek Casino.
7. You can catch an early flick at the historic State Theatre and cap the night off with a late dinner and live jazz at one of Front Street’s fantastic dining establishments.
8. You can enjoy the natural beauty of Up North and hike, bike, run or stroll along the Bay, through the historic Grand Traverse Commons, out at Old Mission Point, on the VASA or TART trails, or along any number of spectacular spots in Northern Michigan.
9. You can follow up your outdoor activities with some serious pamperingat one of our indulgent spas. Enjoy a massage, sauna, manicure, pedicure or facial … or all of the above!
10. The summer crowds have gone home, so you’ll have the place to yourselves!
This content was brought to you by