SiTE:LAB Hosting Powerful Play ‘Detroit ’67’ Starting Last Weekend of ArtPrize
Detroit ’67 is a play which addresses the racial tension and economic instability of Detroit in 1967 and also comments on issues that continue to face us today.
SiTE:LAB has been a must-see venue each year they’ve participated in ArtPrize. They’ve won the Best Venue award five times. Their 2015 exhibition was named one of the ten best in the country and may have been the best in ArtPrize history.
SiTE:LAB will be missed at ArtPrize, but they promise to be back next year in a bigger space. For the next two years, SiTE:LAB will be in the former Christian High School building at the corner of Franklin St. and Madison Ave. which is at 415 Franklin St. SE.
Detroit ’67 has won the Edward M. Kennedy Prize for Drama Inspired by American History. It has also been featured in the New York Times.
The play is set for seven showings:
- Friday, October 6 at 7:30pm
- Saturday, October 7 at 7:30pm
- Sunday, October 8 at 3:00pm
- Wednesday, October 11 at 7pm – SOLD OUT
- Thursday, October 12 at 7:30pm
- Friday, October 13 at 7:30pm – SOLD OUT
- Saturday, October 14 at 7:30pm