Nirvana Members Perform at Brooklyn Club Following Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction [Video]
Those in attendance at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony at the Barclays Center arena last night were certainly treated to a nice surprise when the surviving members of Nirvana performed with various female singers to close out the event. But an even bigger thrill came for those lucky enough to make it into a tiny Brooklyn, N.Y., bar for an after-party where the Nirvana members performed a full set!
Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic and Pat Smear performed with Joan Jett (‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’), Kim Gordon (‘Aneurysm’), Annie Clark (‘Lithium’) and Lorde (‘All Apologies’) at the Hall of Fame ceremony in Barclays Center.
But following that performance, the three surviving Nirvana rockers took the party to the intimate Saint Vitus bar to once again jam with guest singers.
At the club, they were joined by Jett, Gordon and Clark along with Deer Tick’s John McCauley and Dinosaur Jr.’s J. Mascis.
The performance’s setlist was posted on setlist.fm and can be seen below along with a few video clips of the club show.
Nirvana’s Rock Hall After-Party Setlist at Saint Vitus Bar in Brooklyn:
1. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ (with Joan Jett)
2. ‘In Bloom’ (with Joan Jett)
3. ‘Breed’ (with Joan Jett)
4. ‘Territorial Pissings’ (with Joan Jett)
5. ‘Aneurysm’ (with Kim Gordon)
6. ‘Negative Creep’ (with Kim Gordon)
7. ‘Moist Vagina’ (with Kim Gordon)
8. ‘Lithium’ (with St. Vincent aka Annie Clark)
9. ‘All Apologies’ (with Joan Jett) (Krist Novoselic played accordion)
10. ‘About a Girl’ (with St. Vincent)
11. ‘Heart-Shaped Box’ (with St. Vincent)
12. ‘Drain You’ (with J Mascis)
13. ‘Pennyroyal Tea’ (with J Mascis)
14. ‘School’ (with J Mascis)
15. ‘Serve the Servants’ (with John McCauley)
16. ‘Milk It’ (with John McCauley)
17. ‘Very Ape’ (with John McCauley)
18. ‘Scentless Apprentice’ (with John McCauley)
19. ‘Tourette’s’ (with John McCauley)
Nirvana Members With Joan Jett Play ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ at Brooklyn Club
Nirvana Members With St. Vincent Play ‘Heart-Shaped Box’ at Brooklyn Club