Yassou! Grand Rapids Greek Festival This Weekend
Starting Friday, it's the 5th Annual Yassou! Greek Cultural Festival, August 22-24, 2014! The festival features authentic Greek food, drinks, vendors and live music and entertainment for the family. Tire out the kids with the bounce house, face painting and inflatable games.
There will also be Greek dancing lessons, Greek cooking lessons and a wine tasting on Saturday afternoon!
The festival happens at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 330 Lakeside Drive NE in Grand Rapids (between Fulton and Michigan).
Six outdoor tents will feature a bunch of food and drink, including some I may not be able to pronounce but REALLY want to try (especially the sweets at the end)! Check it out:
- Lamb shank
- Lamb chops
- Souvlaki (pork kabob)
- Saganaki (Flaming Cheese)
- Dolmathes (grape leaves stuffed with meat, rice and herbs)
- Kotopoulo Lemonato (Greek lemon chicken)
- Greek Fries
- Loukoumades (“Honey Puffs” - Fluffy fritters cooked until golden and covered in honey-cinnamon syrup)
- Frouzo (a frozen concoction made with raspberry lemonade and Ouzo)
The Greek Festival raises funds to support programming and development opportunities for the youth of the church.