There Are 17 West Michigan Schools With COVID-19 Outbreaks
Most Michigan schools have been in session for a couple of weeks now and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has announced 71 new COVID-19 outbreaks this week alone.
The 71 new outbreaks are in addition to the 42 ongoing COVID-19 outbreaks since the beginning of the school year. 17 of those 113 total outbreaks are in West Michigan school districts, including 2 of the worst outbreaks in the state.
Cedar Springs High School and South Christian High School in Byron Center have 2 of the largest outbreaks with 16 cases and 21 cases respectively. You can find a list below of all of the West Michigan schools with current COVID-19 outbreaks.
West Michigan Colleges And Universities With COVID-19 Outbreaks
- Grand Valley State University - 4 students with COVID
West Michigan High Schools With COVID-19 Outbreaks
- Mason County Central - 6 students/staff with COVID
- Cedar Springs High School - 16 students with COVID
- South Christian High School - 21 students/staff with COVID
- Holland High School - 2 students with COVID
- Zeeland East High School - 3 students with COVID
- Wayland High School - 4 students with COVID
- Thornapple Kellogg High School - 5 students with COVID
West Michigan Junior Highs And Middle Schools With COVID-19 Outbreaks
- Ionia Middle School - 13 students/staff with COVID
- Hastings Middle School - 4 students with COVID
West Michigan Elementary Schools With COVID-19 Outbreaks
- Reed City Elementary - 2 students with COVID
- Burton Elementary - 4 students/staff with COVID
- Alward Elementary - 2 students with COVID
- Park Elementary - 2 students with COVID
- Lee Elementary - 2 students with COVID
- Southeastern Elementary - 2 students with COVID
- Star Elementary - 3 students with COVID
The outbreaks across the state have been slowly climbing since the new school year began with 26 new outbreaks last week and 9 outbreaks the week prior.