Michigan’s M-22 Voted Best Scenic Autumn Drive in the U.S.
Twenty nominees were selected by the publication's "travel experts" based on their favorite routes, MLive/ The Grand Rapids Press reports.
Then, it was put to an online vote. Voting closed Sept. 28 and M-22 was announced as the winning route Friday Oct. 2.
USA Today’s and 10Best have high praise for the highway that runs along Michigan's Northwest Coast:
The M-22 route along Lake Michigan is one of America’s most beautiful tours, and it gets even better in the fall. This 116-mile road brings visitors through the peaceful countryside and along the shore, past small businesses, wineries, galleries and, of course, countless colorful trees. Visitors can stop and visit points of interest along the way and meet some locals, making this fall leaves trip a little bit wildlife and a little bit small town, all in one."
Here are the rest of the top ten competitors taken down by Michigan's M-22!
- M-22 - Michigan
- Upper Delaware Scenic Byway - New York
- Kancamagus Scenic Byway - New Hampshire
- Hocking Hills Scenic Byway - Ohio
- Olympic Peninsula Loop Drive - Washington
- Blue Ridge Parkway - North Carolina & Virginia
- West Elk Loop - Colorado
- Skyline Drive - Virginia
- Peter Norbeck Scenic Byway - South Dakota
- Scenic Route 100 Byway - Vermont