It’s 2015, Meaning That 1995 is 20 Years Old!
The year is now 2015, meaning that the year 1995 is 20 years old! Feeling old yet? I know I am! I remember just sitting around and playing Nintendo in 1995...which is really no different from today honestly.
Let's take a quick look at the year 1995 and feel old together, shall we?
Here are a few milestones that history remembers happening in 1995!
- The first search engine service Yahoo! is founded
- The Oklahoma City Bombing occurred, killing 168 people
- Windows 95 is released
- The DVD is announced
- OJ Simpson is not found guilty of his 1994 alleged murders
- President Bill Clinton signs the National Highway Act which ended the federal 55mph limit
- The first ever full length computer animated feature Toy Story is released
- The final original Calvin and Hobbes comic strip is published
- Video games like Earthbound, Twisted Metal, Mortal Kombat 3, Chrono Trigger, and Comix Zone are released.
- Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee marries Pamela Anderson
- TLC files for bankruptcy
- The Grateful Dead perform their final show with Jerry Garcia
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame opens in Cleveland, OH
- KISS performs on MTV Unplugged, setting the stage for their 1996 reunion with original members Peter Criss and Ace Frehley
There are plenty more things that happened in 1995, but these in my opinion are the most interesting at the time. I'm sure there are plenty of other things!