As the wise Forrest Gump taught us many years ago, "Stupid is as stupid does."  That old adage definitely applies to the couple in the story below.

A Florida (shocking!) couple had just finished up a BBQ and packed up their grill in their SUV to head home. But since they're dumb, they forgot to shut the propane off after stuffing it in the back of their Kia. And since they're REALLY dumb, they lit up a cigarette in the closed vehicle. Not surprisingly, this resulted in an explosion that blew out the windows, deployed the airbags and caused the SUV to crash into a pole.

The couple was taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries, however, their stupidity could definitely be described as life-threatening.

More From 97.9 WGRD