Grand Rapids City Pools and Water Playgrounds Are Now Open
With temperatures hitting the 90s this weekend, the city of Grand Rapids is helping us out with ways to stay cool!
The Grand Rapids city pools and water playgrounds are open as of today, Friday, June 9.
Grand Rapids' 3 city pools are now open at the following locations:
- Briggs Park (Lafayette and Knapp NE)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park (Fuller and Franklin SE)
- Richmond Park (Richmond and Tamarack NW)
Martin Luther King Jr. Pool and Richmond Pool are open Tuesday through Friday 12:30p.m.-7:30p.m., Saturday 1pm-7pm, Sunday and Monday 1p.m.- 5p.m.
Briggs Pool is open Monday through Wednesday and Friday 12:30p.m.-7:30p.m., Thursday 12:30p.m. to 5p.m., Saturday 1p.m. to 7p.m. and Sunday 1p.m. to 5p.m.
Admission is free for all children under 1. Grand Rapids residents ages 1-17 are $1, residents 18 and over are $2. Non residents over the age of 1 pay $4.
Grand Rapids residents can also purchase open swim punch cards and family pool passes here.
Water playgrounds are open at the following locations 10a.m. to 9p.m. daily:
- Alger Park - 921 Alger Street SE
- Campau Park - 50 Antoine Street SW
- Cherry Park - 725 Cherry Street SE
- Fuller Park - 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- Gerald R Ford Middle School - 851 Madison Avenue SE
- Heartside Park - 301 Ionia Street SW
- Highland Park - 523 Grand Avenue NE
- Joe Taylor Park - 1030 Bemis Street SE
- Lincoln Park - 231 Marion Avenue NW
- Mulick Park - 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- Roosevelt Park - 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- Wilcox Park - 100 Youell Avenue SE