West Michigan Indoor Ice Skating Schedules for Public Open Skate
West Michigan's many indoor ice rinks offer a warm'ish way to enjoy winter in West Michigan with smooth ice, skate rentals and hot chocolate.
Ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle in Grand Rapids opened for the season on Friday, Nov. 23. The outdoor ice rink will remain open through Feb. 24, weather permitting. See the full schedule and pricing information.
Ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle is a great way to enjoy winter in Grand Rapids, but West Michigan's indoor ice rinks have a big advantage once the weather turns really cold. No wind chills.
Here are West Michigan's top indoor ice rinks with open skate availability. Hours can change due to hockey tournaments or other events. Check the links to be sure before making a trip.
- Southside Ice Arena: Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Cedar Rock Sports Plex: Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Griff's Ice House: Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m. -12:50 p.m. Saturday 7:00 p.m. - 8:20 p.m. Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- Kentwood Ice Arena: Sunday 2:00 p.m - 4:00 p.m.
- Patterson Ice Center: Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. Monday-Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. Friday 11:00 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. - 11:50 p.m. Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. - 9:50 p.m.
- Griff's Ice House - West: Schedule varies.
- Georgetown Ice Center: Schedule varies.
- Walker Ice and Fitness: Sunday varies. Monday 12:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. Wednesday varies. Friday 12:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. Saturday varies.