West Michigan Indoor Open Ice Skating Schedules for 2019-2020
On Wednesday, Dec. 4, ice skating opened for the season at Rosa Parks Circle in downtown Grand Rapids. West Michigan also offers a variety of options for indoor ice skating throughout winter.
Ice skating at Rosa Parks Circle is scheduled to remain open through Feb. 23, weather permitting.
Ice skating downtown is a lot of fun, but the lack of wind chills make West Michigan's indoor ice rinks more appealing as winter progresses.
Here are West Michigan's top indoor ice rinks with open skate availability. Hours can change due to hockey tournaments or other events. Check the links to be sure before making a trip.
- Southside Ice Arena: Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 5:50 p.m.
- Cedar Rock Sports Plex: Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m.
- Griff's Ice House: Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m. -12:50 p.m. Saturdays vary either 5:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. OR 7:00 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. Sunday 4:00 p.m. - 5:15 p.m.
- Kentwood Ice Arena: Saturday and Sunday 3:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m.
- Patterson Ice Center: Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. Monday-Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. Friday 11:00 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. - 11:50 p.m. Saturday 1:00 p.m. - 2:50 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. - 9:50 p.m.
- Griff's Ice House - West: Schedule varies.
- Georgetown Ice Center: Schedule varies.
- Walker Ice and Fitness: Sunday varies. Monday 12:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday vary. Friday 12:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. Saturday varies.