Top 10 Searched Michigan Beaches for 2023
With Michigan being surrounded by the Great Lakes, there are lots of beach options but here are the top 10 that are currently being searched.
What's Great About the Great Lakes?
One of the best things about the Great Lakes is no matter where you live in Michigan you are only a couple of hours away from some of America's greatest beaches.
There are no sharks to bite or eat you.
There are no jellyfish to sting you.
There is no salt water to burn your eyes, dry your skin, or fade your bathing suit or towels.
Most Michigan beaches along the Great Lakes are pet friendly.
Most beaches along the Great Lakes are free but some do require a county, state, or federal park sticker for your vehicle. You can get one for the season or just a daily if you only plan on visiting once or twice.
No, you are not going to find the type of surfing waves you will in Hawaii, Australia, or even California but I've been seeing more and more surfboards making it to beaches around the Great Lakes.
Top 10 Online Searches for Michigan Beaches for 2023
Summer is approaching and so is beach season so it never hurts to get a jump on the competition of getting that sweet spot you love on one of Michigan's Great Lakes beaches.
According to a gambling website, below is a list of the top 10 sought-after beaches on the Great Lakes:
- Silver Beach County Park in St. Joseph.
- Grand Haven City Beach in Grand Haven.
- Deerlick Creek Beach at South Haven Township Park.
- Douglas Beaches in Saugatuck.
- Sand Point Beach near Pictured Rocks outside of Munising.
- Glen Haven Beach at Sleeping Bear Bay.
- Laketown Beach between Holland and Saugatuck.
- Lakeside Park in Rogers City.
- Bete Grise in Copper Harbor.
- Lake Michigan Beach at Little Sable Lighthouse near Silver Lake.
Those are the top online searched beaches in the state of Michigan but it is really nice to know that most of them are in or near West Michigan.