The Top Holiday Gift For Michigan Makes Me Feel Like The List Makers Don’t Really Know Us
While some of us may still be concentrating on Halloween, there are loads of people out there already thinking about the holiday shopping season. Finding the perfect gift isn’t easy, and what some people love others will hate. And that's pretty clear when you look at what gifts are most popular around the country.
Well, 24/7 Wall Street has done the research and determined the top holiday gifts in every state, and there's definitely a lot of variety. They made their determinations based on popularity of items on Amazon, as well as Google searches, and some of the gifts may surprise you.
For example, the most popular holiday item in Alabama is Gorilla Duct Tape (that's the worst possible cliche for that state), but we doubt many people in other parts of the country would be happy to get that under the tree. Meanwhile, a bunch of folks in Connecticut will be getting the first season DVD of NBC’s “This Is Us," and probably a box of tissues to go with it.
And what is Michigan's top Holiday Gift? A copy of the Disney movie called 'Descendants 2', which I guess is about the sons and daughters of famous villains. (???)
And now I'm forced to feign excitement over a gift none of us wants, except maybe our 12-year-old nephews.
Other popular holiday gifts by state include (click here for the entire list)
- Colorado – Kindle Paperwhite e-reader
- Hawaii – "Moana" blu-ray
- Indiana - Fisher-Price Little People Surprise & Sounds Home
- Maine - Crock-Pot Programmable Slow Cooker
- Montana - 3M Particulate Respirator, 20-Pack
- Nebraska – “The Vietnam War: A Film By Ken Burns”
- New Jersey - FIFA 18 for PlayStation 4
- New York – Ninja Professional Blender
- Ohio – Exploding Kittens: A Card Game
- South Carolina - Razor A Kick Scooter
- South Dakota – Cards Against Humanity
- Tennessee - Rubbermaid 42-Piece Food Storage Containers
- Vermont - Keurig K55 K-Cup Coffee Maker
- Wisconsin - Himalayan Hand Carved Salt Lamp