The Griffins Jersey Design Contest Is Back
The Grand Rapids Griffins are looking for you to design a jersey for the team. The uniform will be worn as an alternate to their current black and white jerseys.
This is the third season in a row that the team has held the uniform design contest. In the past two seasons the team was looking for a 'fauxback' jersey with a specific era in mind. Last season they were looking for an '80s style look.
This season the jersey design contest has no limitations. They strictly want you to design a new jersey for the team. Any ideas you have are fair game. Do you want to design a retro look? Cool. Maybe you want to do your take on a futuristic jersey. That's also cool.
Like the last two seasons, the team is doing the contest through the sports uniform web site UniWatch.
Here are the rules they posted Friday morning.
• Submissions will be accepted from today through Tuesday, August 21st, 2018(by 11:00 pm E.D.T.)
• Reader voting will begin Thursday, August 23, and continue on Friday August 24, Monday, August 27 and Tuesday, August 28 (Based on the number of entries in past contests, I will be breaking the submissions into four sets).
• Based on concerns raised in prior contests, rather than breaking the design submissions in to groups alphabetically, I will attempt to do so in a random order. While this will entail more work on my end, this will (hopefully) alleviate the concerns that “the same people always go against each other.” I’m not sure this is any fairer, but I will do my utmost to ensure a totally random spread of submissions.
• The top three vote getters from each set (for a total of 12) will be reviewed by the Griffins on Wednesday, August 29th, and the winner will be announced on Uni Watch and Griffins social media on August 31st.
• Create a brand new design for a Griffins alternate jersey (remember: you are ONLY designing a jersey, not a full uniform).
• While your design work must be original, you MAY use current or previous Grand Rapids Griffins logos.
• Readers will be allowed to vote once per day during the voting period (you will be permitted to vote for more than one design).
• The top 12 designs as voted by readers will be the finalists.
• The Griffins staff and ownership will choose one winning design, which will be worn on ice on February 15, 2019.
• The winning jersey design will become the property of the Grand Rapids Griffins.
• The Griffins reserve the right to make design modifications to the winning design as needed.
• The winner will receive a personalized version of their jersey, tickets to the game that the Griffins will be playing in the jerseys, and public recognition of the winning design.
• LIMIT ONE DESIGN SUBMISSION per reader.
• Designs may be submitted as .jpg, .png or .pdf files.
• E-mail your entry to Phil.Hecken@gmail.com; please label your submission “FirstnameLastname-GRGContest”
• It is strongly encouraged that you place your name or some sort of ID on your entry.
• One image ONLY (you may include multiple angles, such as front and back) per submission.
Failure to abide by the rules will result in disqualification. Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.