Michigan Ice Cream Parlor Voted Best in U.S.
As hot weather hits Michigan, it’s time to enjoy the best summer treat out there: ice cream.
There are tons of great ice cream parlors here in the Mitten State, and one has been voted the best in the country in a USA Today and 10 Best poll.
Here's USA Today and 10 Best's praise for the northern Michigan ice cream parlor.
The kitchen at Moomers Homemade Ice Cream in Traverse City makes more than 160 different flavors of ice cream – 20 are available daily. There's often a line outside for a scoop or other menu item, all of which can be made with any flavor. Options include apple crisp, banana bread, lemon poppy seed muffin and Oreo cheesecake."
The top winners for Best Ice Cream parlor are:
- Moomers Homemade Ice Cream - Traverse City, Mich.
- Big Dipper Ice Cream - Missoula, Mont.
- Doumar’s - Norfolk, Va.
- Screamin' Mimi's - Sebastopol, Calif.
- Sundae School Ice Cream - Dennis Port, Mass.
- A La Mode Shoppe - New York
- Sloan's Ice Cream - West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Springer's Homemade Ice Cream - Stone Harbor, N.J.
- Cape Cod Creamery - South Yarmouth, Mass.
- Woodside Farm Creamery - Hockessin, Del.
This isn't Moomer's fist ice cream honor: Moomer's was also recently named the Top Ice Ice Cream Parlor in the U.S. by Tableog, a website for food lovers.