Enjoy Different Chilis And Help A West Michigan Non Profit This Saturday
Who doesn't love a nice big bowl of Chili and the feeling of helping your community?
You can experience both of those this Saturday at Sullivan Field in Grand Rapids.
Chili Cook-off Saturday At Historic Sullivan Field
This Saturday (September 30th) Fans of Valley Field are hosting a chili cook-off with all proceeds going toward the activation and renovation of the historic ballpark.
Who Are Fans Of Valley Field?
Fans of Valley Field is a grassroots effort to restore and revitalize a precious gem of a field, located on the West Side of Grand Rapids, Michigan - Sullivan Field (originally named Valley Field).
Chili Cook-Off At The Ball Park
There are several different ways to enjoy the chili cook-off.
Sample the chili
An entry ticket for the event is $5, you can get an unlimited taste wristband for $15
Kids 10 and under are free.
Compete in the chili cook-off
If you've been part of the chili cook-off before you can enter this year for just $25.
If you're a new team the cost is $50.
You can get more information about tickets and competing in the event by clicking here
More Details About The Chili Cook-Off
- Gates open at Sullivan Field at 10 a.m.
- The chili cook-off doesn't start until 2:30 pm but there will be available for purchase before then.
- There will be live music including 4 bands starting at 12:15 p.m.
- Outside coolers with food and beverages are allowed, NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL can be brought in - per state law.
- Dogs on leash are allowed
- Lawn seating only, so bring a chair. Blankets, umbrellas, and canopies are also allowed
You can more information about the event by clicking here.
If you're into trying all kinds of different foods and drinks then you have to check out these awesome food and drink flights in Grand Rapids.