A confused deer accidentally broke into a house in North Muskegon last week.

Fox 17 reports a woman came to the North Muskegon Fire Department around 9a.m. Thursday to report a deer in the upstairs bedroom of her home.

Firefighters went to the home to help get the frightened animal out. After some coaxing and scrambling, the deer eventually left.

Officials say the deer got inside the woman's garage while she was out, and made it up a set of stairs, into the home.

A small amount of blood can be seen from where the deer injured itself during the incident. Fox 17 reports that the deer's injuries were minor, and no humans were injured.

More From 97.9 WGRD