Gilda’s Laughfest Amateur Showcase Gives Great Exposure to Up and Coming Comics
Fourteen up and coming comics each had five minutes to make people laugh, and that takes a lot of guts!
It's a really cool thing for Gilda's LaughFest to have these amateur showcases, getting hard-working comics the chance to perform at a great event, with some of the big names in comedy.
Kudos to LaughFest for putting these together, and even making them free, so more people can experience some comedy!
We had pretty much everything on stage, from a Kentucky girl to a guy with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in a wheelchair.
There were a lot of different kinds of comedy styles on stage, and everyone had a great time.
There are a few more of these LaughFest Amateur Stand-Up Comedy Showcases coming up; so stop in and have a few laughs (and admission is free):
- 7 p.m. Wednesday at McFadden's Restaurant & Saloon, 58 Ionia Avenue SW in Grand Rapids.
- 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at The Pyramid Scheme, 68 Commerce Avenue SW in Grand Rapids .
- 7 p.m. Thursday at The Pyramid Scheme, 68 Commerce Avenue SW in Grand Rapids.
- 8 p.m. Friday at Keystone Community Church -- Eastside Campus, 2119 Lake Drive SE in Grand Rapids.
- 6 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Sunday at Dr. Grins Comedy Club, The B.O.B., 20 Monroe Avenue NW in Grand Rapids.