Schools Out, GR Pools & Splash Pads In
School for most West Michigan kids is out and now area pools and splash pads are open for the season.
According to FOX 17, kids may want to hurry and get to pools in the following Grand Rapids parks, Briggs, Martin Luther King and Richmond, because all three are giving away free stuff to the first 100 to arrive starting at 1 p.m. Monday.
If your children prefer the splash pads, there are 13 choices in the area for a fun safe place for kids to play this summer.
Grand Rapids Pools are only $1 for resident kids 17 and under and 2 bucks for adults. Non-residents get a little gouged at $4 a person.
Here is a rundown of pool and splash pad locations along with hours of operation:
- Briggs Park Pool - 350 Knapp St. NE - Monday through Wednesday 1 to 7 p.m., Thursday 1 to 5 p.m., Friday & Saturday 1 to 7 p.m. and Sunday Noon to 4 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Park Pool - 900 Fuller Ave. SE - Monday 1 to 7 p.m., Tuesday 1 to 5 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday 1 to 7 p.m. and Sunday Noon to 4 p.m.
- Richmond Park Pool - 1101 Richmond St. NW - Monday 1 to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday 1 to 7 p.m. and Sunday Noon to 4 p.m.
All pools closed July 4.
Grand Rapids splash pads hours are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
- Aberdeen Park - 2230 Eastern Avenue NE
- Campau Park - 50 Antoine Street. SW
- Cherry Park - 725 Cherry Street NE
- Fuller Park - 300 Fuller Avenue NE
- Gerald R. Ford Academic Center - 851 Madison Avenue SE
- Heartside Park - 301 Ionia Street SW
- Highland Park - 523 Grand Avenue NE
- Joe Taylor Park - 1030 Bemis Street SE
- Lincoln Park - 231 Marion Avenue NW
- Mary Waters Park - 1042 Lafayette Avenue NE
- Mulick Park - 1632 Sylvan Avenue SE
- Roosevelt Park - 739 Van Raalte Drive SW
- Wilcox Park - 100 Youell Avenue SE