Parents there is a new challenge that has to do with fire that you need to warn your kids about.

According to FOX 17, another challenge that has landed on YouTube has put a young Michigan boy in the hospital.

Why anyone would do this challenge it is beyond me but the fire challenge is asking that you douse your friend or yourself with a flammable liquid and lighting it on fire and video taping it.

It didn't take long for a Dearborn resident to learn the hard way that the fire challenge is absolutely unsafe.

12-year-old Jason Cleary tried the challenge and wound up in the hospital with second degree burns.

Not sure why kids keep getting sucked into these challenges but parents must speak with their kids to keep them safe.

Protecting Young Eyes spokesperson Chris McKenna said, "The challenges come and go, whether it's the 'Tide Pod Challenge,' the 'fire challenge' or the 'cinnamon challenge. Those will always come and go but what stays the same is teens who have an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex and therefore don't make good decisions, who get caught up in this idea that 'I can have my five seconds of fame and I can get all of these views on this video and get all of the attention' and that's a really intoxicating thing for that teenage brain."

If you need help in figuring out how to tell your children about these type of challenges and better ways to use social media, there is a lot of great information at the Protect Young Eyes website.

More From 97.9 WGRD