These Two Big Michigan Colleges Have Made Vaccination Policies For Home Games
If you're planning on going to an indoor event at the University of Michigan or Michigan State University, you might want to check out their updated vaccine policies or you could be turned away at the door.
Both schools recently shared their updated policy for indoor sporting events due to an increase of Covid-19 cases in Michigan.
These Eight Michigan Counties Are Where Omicron Has Been Found
MICHIGAN STATE ATHLETICS
Effective January 1, 2022, Michigan State athletics will require spectators at indoor athletic events to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event. The policy applies to men's and women's basketball, hockey, wrestling, and gymnastics home events. The first scheduled event with the policy in effect will be the men's basketball game against Nebraska on Jan. 5.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN ATHLETICS
Effective January 1, 2022, the University of Michigan will institute proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative-test protocol for indoor athletic events. This is in response to the recent surge in COVID-19 cases throughout the region. Face masks continue to be required and must be worn during all home indoor athletic events.
All guests and working personnel ages 12 and older will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test taken within 72 hours of the event.
Upon entry to an indoor venue, one of the following will be required:
- An official, government-issued vaccination card listing the guest's name and date the last dose was administered
- A photo or digital version of an official government-issued vaccination card listing the guest's name and date the last dose was administered
- For U-M faculty/staff, displaying the ResponsiBLUE app to confirm compliance with the U-M COVID-19 vaccination requirement
- For U-M students, displaying their valid MCard
- A printed or digital negative COVID-19 PCR or rapid test administered by a healthcare professional within 72 hours of the event that includes the guest's name and date the last test was administered. Over-the-counter or home testing kit results are not accepted