GRPS Opening Six Meal Sites
GRPS is opening a total of six nutrition service “grab and go” meal sites. The sites will be open daily, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 11:30am to 12:30pm. As directed by the Michigan Department of Education, up to two meals per day may be served to all children ages 18 and under for free and will be counted at the point of service. The free meals will be a breakfast/lunch combo and are available for all students 18 years of age and younger. This includes students with disabilities ages 18-26 with an active individual education program (IEP). The meals are not limited to GRPS students.
The Grab and Go sites are located at:
- City High Middle School (1720 Plainfield Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505)
- Hope Academy (240 Brown St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507)
- New Faith Temple (1701 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507)
- Ottawa Hills High School (2055 Rosewood Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506)
- San Juan Diego Academy (1650 Godfrey Ave. SW, Wyoming, MI 49509)
- Sibley Elementary (943 Sibley St. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504)
These are subject to change and additional sites may be added.