Full Lineup Revealed for 2022 Summer Concert Series at Frederik Meijer Gardens
We've got even more live music to look forward to in West Michigan this summer! Frederik Meijer Gardens has just announced their full summer 2022 lineup. With more than 30 shows, there's a concert for nearly every kind of music fan.
Back in February, Frederik Meijer Gardens announced three acts to give us a peek at what we could look forward to: Amos Lee, Foreigner, and Australian Pink Floyd. Now we know all the artist performing at their outdoor amphitheater this summer!
When Do Tickets Go On Sale for Frederik Meijer Gardens Summer Concert Series?
If you REALLY love going to shows at Frederik Meijer Gardens, it's might be a good idea to buy a membership, as members get first dibs on tickets. Members also save $5 per ticket during the pre-sale, and $2 per ticket after tickets go on sale to the general public.
For members of Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, tickets go on sale April 23 at 9a.m. here. Tickets can also be purchased by phone at 1-800-514-etix (3849).
For the general public, tickets go on sale Saturday May 7 at 9a.m.
Since tickets for the series are always in such high demand, Frederik Meijer Gardens has even released an "Insiders Guide to Buying Tickets and Enjoying the Show".
When and Where is the Frederik Meijer Gardens Summer Concert Series?
The Frederik Meijer Gardens Summer Concert Series runs from June through September each year.
If you've not been to a concert before there - plan to be outside! It's quite an experience to watch live music at their outdoor amphitheater, with terraced lawn seating, surrounded by awesome views of gardens and sculptures.
2022 Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens Lineup
On Wednesday, April 13 2022, Frederik Meijer Gardens announced the full lineup for the summer concert series:
Tickets prices listed are member presale/ members/ general public.
- Marc Cohn + Blind Boys of Alabama, June 12 ($47/$50/$52)
- Amos Lee w/ Neal Francis, June 17 ($55/$58/$60)
- Fitz & The Tantrums + St. Paul & The Broken Bones, June 19 ($70/$73/$75)
- An Acoustic Evening with Trey Anastasio, June 20, ($70/$73/$75)
- Old Crow Medicine Show, June 23 ($52/$55/$57)
- Trombone Shorty’s Voodoo Threauxdown featuring Tank and The Bangas, Big Freedia, Cyril Neville: The Uptown Ruler, George Porter Jr. and Dumpstaphunk performing the music of The Meters and The Soul Rebels, June 24 ($90/$93/$95)
- The Temptations w/ Kimmie Horne, June 26 ($55/$58/$60)
- Bluegrass Happening featuring Bela Fleck & My Bluegrass Heart, Sam Bush & The Jerry Douglas Band, June 27 ($62/$65/$67)
- Sheryl Crow w/ Allison Russell, July 3 ($94/$97/$99)
- Corinne Bailey Rae w/ War & Treaty, July 6 ($50/$53/$55)
- ZZ Top, July 7 ($95/$98/$100)
- O.A.R., July 8 ($77/$80/$82)
- Five for Fighting with the Grand Rapids Symphony, July 13 ($58/$61/$63)
- Michael Franti & Spearhead w/ The New Respects, July 14 ($54/$57/$59)
- Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, July 15 ($65/$68/$70)
- Norah Jones, July 17 ($95/$98/$100)
- Rick Springfield with the Grand Rapids Symphony, July 20 ($72/$75/$77)
- Buddy Guy + John Hiatt, July 21 ($77/$80/$82)
- America, July 27 ($62/$65/$67)
- Arturo Sandoval with the Grand Rapids Symphony, July 28 ($50/$53/$55)
- Elvis Costello & The Imposters w/ Nicole Atkins, August 4 ($99/$102/$104)
- Andrew Bird + Iron & Wine w/ Meshell Ndegeocello, August 5 ($68/$71/$73)
- The Dead South w/ Tejon Street Corner Thieves, August 10 ($48/$51/$53)
- Lake Street Dive w/ Madison Cunningham, August 12 ($59/$62/$64)
- The Beach Boys, August 15 ($70/$73/$75)
- The Decemberists, August 17 ($56/$59/$61)
- Boz Scaggs w/ Robert Cray Band, August 22 ($69/$72/$74)
- Umphrey’s McGee, August 24 ($48/$51/$53)
- Emmylou Harris + Mary Chapin Carpenter, September 1 ($90/$93/$95)
- Australian Pink Floyd, September 12 ($58/$61/$63)
- Goo Goo Dolls w/ Blue October, September 15 ($97/$100/$102)
- She & Him, September 16 ($72/$75/$77)
- Foreigner: The Greatest Hits Tour, September 18 ($90/$93/$95)
What Can You Bring to Concerts at Frederik Meijer Gardens?
Non-alcoholic, factory-sealed drinks in non-glass containers are allowed. You cannot bring in your own alcohol. Frederik Meijer Gardens does have a concession stand at which you can buy beer, wine, and specialty drinks.
You can bring in your own food, just not anything in a glass container. The concession stand also has food offerings.
You can bring blankets or chairs for seating, but note there IS a chair policy:
The policy is any low-back chair measuring 12" or less from the ground to the front of the seat bottom and 32" to the top of the chair back in its highest position will be allowed. Volunteers will be measuring chair heights at the main gate before entry.
There are a limited amount of standard-height plastic venue chairs for rent for $10 and they must be used in the "designated rental chair seating areas".
If you have more questions about attending shows at Frederik Meijer Gardens, you can find answers here!