Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell has revealed how he recently wound up getting his dog high on “good weed” by accident. The singer said he’d taken his pet to the doctor after his behavior became strange, and it was the vet who identified what had happened.

“You ever see a dog that’s high on weed?” Farrell asked during an interview on The Jason Ellis Show (as reported by Blabbermouth). “Me neither. I didn’t know what the hell was wrong with my dog. He was wobbling and his back didn’t match up to his front. He was walking and he couldn’t get his hind legs to walk with his front legs.”

He later took the animal for a walk, having to put a collar on him “for the first time in his life.” He continued, “I’m trying to pull this dog out of the crate and he won’t go. So I’m yanking him by the neck like I’m hanging him. He’s like, ‘F--- no, I’m not going!’ So he's trying to walk, his back is banging to the wall, and he's looking at me real weird. I said to my wife, ‘Something's wrong. I think Seymour the neighbor poisoned him because he’s barking.’”

After examination, the vet ruled out the suggestion of rat poison. “She goes, ‘Any chance he could have been engaged in marijuana?’” At that point Farrell recalled that he’d left a roach on a backyard table. “I go, ‘Oh – that’s what it was!’”

Jane’s Addiction have two concerts on their schedule: they play Belly Up in Aspen, Colo. on Dec. 30 and Dec. 31.


Jane's Addiction Albums Ranked

More From 97.9 WGRD