Michigan’s Adventure Gears Up for 2021 Season With Updates to Covid Protocols
Update 05/20/2021: A representative from Michigan's Adventure reached out to let us know that Covid-19 tests for unvaccinated guests are not required, they are encouraged:
Guests who are not fully vaccinated are encouraged to seek a COVID-19 test 1-3 days before their visit. COVID-19 testing locations near Michigan’s Adventure can be found online.
After a 2020 season at Michigan's Adventure that saw the amusement park remain shuttered, while the waterpark limped through a stop/start schedule, the park is looking to regroup and open for the season on Memorial Day weekend, with some changes.
One change includes requesting a Covid-19 test prior to entering the park if you're not fully vaccinated, although there is currently no procedure listed on how to provide proof of vaccination. This will also impact those in the park, as those without the vaccine, will be required to mask up in indoor areas and are strongly encouraged to wear them outside and on rides.
According to newly updated information from Cedar Fair Entertainment, the parent group that owns Michigan's Adventure, these are some of the things to look out for this year:
Changes from Last Season:
- Reservations will be required for Single Day Ticketholders visiting Michigan’s Adventure.
- Season Passholders will not need to make reservations at this time. Currently, the reservation system is open for tickets through June 18.
- Admission tickets must be purchased online and cannot be purchased at the park.
At this time, you may only make reservations to visit Michigan's Adventure taking place through June 18.
- WildWater Adventure will open on June 19; reservations for WildWater Adventure will be available soon.
- Temperature checks for guests have been discontinued at the front gate.
- The health screen questionnaire will be conducted by associates at the front gate and will not be through the Michigan's Adventure mobile app.
- There will be no limitations to ride capacity.
- Guests who are not fully vaccinated should seek a COVID-19 test 1-3 days before their visit. COVID-19 testing locations near Michigan’s Adventure can be found online.
Guests will also be asked to enable location services in the Michigan's Adventure app. This will allow the park to track guests to provide real-time updates during your visit. For more information and to set your reservations, you can visit MIAdventure.com.