Michigan Monopoly: Are Michigander’s Fascinated By The Property Trading Game?
As we're hibernating inside during these cold winter days and nights, you might find yourself enjoying family game night. How about a game of Monopoly? Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Go directly to jail. Which version of Monopoly would you like to play?
The game has hundreds of different editions, as well as many spin-offs and related media. Monopoly has become a part of international popular culture, having been licensed in more than 103 countries and printed in more than 37 languages.
Which Michigan Monopoly Should We Play?
There are dozens of different Michigan-themed Monopoly games available, however, not all are officially licensed with Hasbro.
Monopoly: Michigan Style
Monopoly Trivia To Look Smart Against Your Opponent
- Short Line is the only railroad that is not real.
- There are 40 squares on the board.
- The Monopoly bank holds $20,580.
- From a world-wide vote in 2017, the dog is the most popular token.
- Monopoly was invented in 1935.
- The property you're most likely to land on is Illinois Avenue.
- Mr. Monopoly's name is actually Rich Uncle Pennybags.
- The thimble, boot and wheel barrel were retired in 2017.
There is a Monopoly: Grand Rapids, Collector's Edition from Parker Brothers. This game is pre-1991. If you're interested in playing the Monopoly: Grand Rapids edition, there is one for sale on Ebay. It claims to be very rare. It's listed for $199.95. It's a collector's edition and still sealed.