Get Your Polish Sausage Fix at ‘Kielbasa Idol’ in Grand Rapids This Weekend
Didn't get your fill of kielbasa at the Polish Heritage Festival a few weeks ago? Good news, eight area meat markets are competing in "Kielbasa Idol" in Grand Rapids this Saturday!
Who Has The Best Kielbasa in West Michigan?
Since its inception in 2011, Kielbasa Idol is a competition in which local butchers compete to find out who's got the best kielbasa in West Michigan.
Prizes are awarded for first and second place in two categories: The Judges Award and The Peoples Choice Award.
There's also a beer tent and live music.
When is Grand Rapids Kielbasa Idol 2022?
Kielbasa Idol 2022 is Saturday, September 10, 2022, 2p.m. to 7p.m., at St. Adalbert Park at the corner of 5th and Davis NW.
Here's is the schedule of events for Kielbasa Idol 2022:
- Party in the Park starts at 2p.m.
- Live Music from Signal Point starts at 2:30p.m.
- Kielbasa Tasting starts at 4p.m.
- Kielbasa Idol Awards presented at 6:30p.m.
How Much Does Kielbasa Idol Cost?
To attend Kielbasa Idol 2022, it's $5 per person for tasting and voting. Proceeds will benefit programs at The Knights of Columbus at the Basilica of St. Adalbert Council.
Beverages are an additional cost.
Who is Competing in Kielbasa Idol?
Eight West Michigan meat markets are competing in Kielbasa Idol 2022.
- Lewandowski's Market - 1107 Walker Ave. NW, Grand Rapids
- EA Brady's - 621 Lyon St. NE, Grand Rapids
- Leyen & Sons - 844 West Leonard St. NW, Grand Rapids
- Carvers GR Finest Meats Downtown Market - 435 Ionia SW., Grand Rapids
- Ken's Fruit Market - 3500 Plainfield NE, Grand Rapids
- Grist Mill Market - 800 Cannonsburg Rd. NE, Cannonsburg
- Hooligans Artisan Meats - 6523 Airline Rd., Fruitport
- Big Top Market - 3630 Clyde Park Ave. SW, Wyoming