General Motors Hiring For Production Positions At Grand Rapids Location
General Motors is hosting an online and in-person 'Career Fair' as they look to fill positions in the Grand Rapids Region at their operations center in Wyoming.
The in-person job fair was Tuesday the 9th at the GM Operations Center in Wyoming at 2100 Burlingame Ave SW.
For those that missed the in-person event, they are also taking applications online at their careers portal: search-careers.gm.com
From the job description:
Production Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problem-solving of manufacturing processes and equipment. Team members are also functioning in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
Starting pay for the temporary full-time positions are listed as follows:
- $16.67 Per Hour
- 2nd Shift - 5% Premium Pay
- 3rd Shift - 10% Premium Pay
These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors
- Candidates must be willing to work any shift
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include hair drug testing and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice