Diocese of GR Statement on Mass, Funerals, Weddings and Baptisms
Following Gov. Whitmer’s executive order issued on March 23, the Diocese of Grand Rapids has cancelled all public Masses through Easter and issued details on funerals, weddings and baptisms.
- All public Masses and services are cancelled through the day after Easter, Monday, April 13.
- Sunday Mass will continue to be livestreamed from the cathedral on FOX 17 and on the GR Diocese website and Facebook page.
- More details to come about Holy Week and Easter.
- Funerals are to be celebrated without Mass with only immediate family members present, limiting those gathered to 10.
- Alternately, a committal service at the cemetery may be celebrated outdoors, with the appropriate social distancing guidelines in place, with a memorial Mass to be celebrated at a later date.
Weddings and Baptisms
- Parish baptisms and weddings are postponed until a later date.
View current and future updates from the Diocese of Grand Rapids including details on confessions and confirmation.