These Are The Top 3 Best Views Of Grand Rapids
I recently moved into a new office at work. It's a room with a view! When I look out my office window I can see down Monroe Avenue cutting right through the heart of Grand Rapids.
Or I can peep into the windows of the AC Hotel by Marriot which is next door.
That view isn't quite as nice. I half expect to unwittingly see someone fresh out of the shower. Yikes.
The view out of the studio features a shot of Rosa Parks Circle and The McKay Tower, the cornerstone of the city’s vibrant downtown. Unless you're prepared to become a content creator with Townsquare Media to get these views, here are 3 places that you can get panoramic views of Grand Rapids.
3 Great Views Of Grand Rapids
- Yelp says the best roof top bar in Grand Rapids is at Waters View Roof Top bar. Nestled atop the Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown hotel, this bar provides incredible views of the city along with numerous vantage points for drinking it all in.
- If you're looking for a great view of Grand Rapids but you want to do it affordably, consider Belknap Park. With 360 degree views of downtown Grand Rapids from the top of the venue and located only 1 mile from the city center, you can see for miles.
- Side Bar: Look Out Park which is close by also offers sweeping views of the city.
- The JW Marriot says that if you stay in any room above the 18th floor, you'll have amazing views of Grand Rapids. There is a Founders Suite (room 2316) and a Concierge Suite that offer great views of the Grand River and the Amway Grand Plaza.
- Side Note: For the penthouse suites, you'll pay a premium and need the general managers approval.
If these options don't get you high enough, consider a helicopter ride out of the Sparta Airport. My Flight Tours will help you make a memory. Their Downtown Grand Rapids Tours are the best way to see GR from 1,000 feet above.