These 16 Stores Have Made Michigan Lottery Millionaires in 2023
The Michigan Lottery has made 16 new millionaires in 2023, thanks to a variety of instant scratchers, in-store games, and national lotteries.
The luck has been spread out fairly well throughout Michigan. There's the expected cluster of $1 million-plus winning tickets near the Detroit-area, the most populous part of the state; but some winners hail from Northern Michigan and Mid-Michigan as well - there's even one from the Upper Peninsula.
Among the winners:
- An anonymous Livingston County man got the year's winning started when he snagged $1.15 million playing Lotto 47 at the Kroger in Pinckney on January 7.
- A Gladwin County woman stopped by Border's Corner Store in Mt. Pleasant on her way home January 24 and bought a Black & Gold scratcher that would turn out to be worth $1 million.
- A Lansing family won $1 million in the February 6 Powerball drawing, but didn't realize it until they pulled the ticket out of a coat pocket about a week later. Another winning ticket for that same Powerball drawing was sold online to a player in Northville.
- A pair of employees at Wally's Bar in Gladstone played Doubler Wild Time Progressive Fast Cash on February 16 and pocketed a cool $1.41 million.
- In March, an Ovid woman almost threw away her $1 million winning Sizzling Hot 7's scratcher before having second thoughts and checking the ticket again.
Between January and mid-July 2023, additional $1 million-plus winning tickets were sold in Taylor, Alpena, Redford Township, Southfield, Spring Lake, Chesterfield Township, Lathrup Village, Fenton, and Pontiac.
For comparison purposes, the Michigan Lottery had 28 winners of $1,000,000 or more during the first three months of 2022.