Up to a Foot of Snow Expected in Central Lower Michigan this Weekend
Muskegon County is under a winter weather warning by the national weather service. If you don't know what a winter weather warning means ... it means the Elsa - Queen of Arendelle might be visiting West Michigan.
To be serious here's the report.
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF LUDINGTON, BALDWIN, HART, FREMONT, MUSKEGON - WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST SUNDAY
* SNOW CONTINUING INTO THIS AFTERNOON ALONG THE LAKESHORE NORTH OF MUSKEGON.
* SNOW BECOMES WIDESPREAD THIS AFTERNOON AND CONTINUES THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING.
* LOW VISIBILITIES.
* TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION 6 TO 12 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING.
* SNOW RAPIDLY ACCUMULATING ON ROADS.
* SLIPPERY TRAVEL WITH A HAZARDOUS FRIDAY EVENING COMMUTE.
* POOR VISIBILITY ON ROADWAYS.
* THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION REMINDS MOTORISTS TO ADJUST SPEEDS BASED ON THE CONDITIONS...AND TO TAKE IT
SLOW IN ICE AND SNOW.
Another advisory says
SNOW WILL CONTINUE ON SATURDAY WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR UP TO A FOOT OF SNOW ACROSS CENTRAL LOWER MICHIGAN. SOME ICING IS POSSIBLE ACROSS SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
LAKE EFFECT SNOW AND SUB ZERO WIND CHILLS WILL BEGIN SATURDAY NIGHT AND LAST THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT.
I'm hoping on a plane and flying home to spend Christmas with my family in Louisiana which means I will not be enjoying a white Christmas. Also, I will not be shoveling snow. I call that the silver lining.