Top 20 Up-to-Bat Baseball Songs
Do you smell that? No, not your armpits you idiot. It's the smell of spring training and the impending start of the regular season. To keep the baseball spirit going, I present to you the top 20 songs batters use as their themes.
Thanks to our friends at Spinner for compiling the list, which contains a few surprises. See their picks below.
- Mariano Rivera - "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
- Trevor Hoffman - "Hell's Bells" by AC/DC
- Brian Barton - "A Change Is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke
- Tim Lincecum - "Break on Through (To the Other Side)" by The Doors
- Juan Pierre - "Deja Vu" by Beyonce f/ Jay-Z
- Takashi Saito - "Hey Jude" by The Beatles
- Alex Rodriguez - "Already Home" by Jay-Z
- Torii Hunter - "Dinnertime" by Lil' Wayne
- Trevor Hill - "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane
- Cliff Floyd - "The Streetbeater (Sanford & Son Theme)" by Quincy Jones
- Tom Gordon - "Flash" by Queen
- A.J. Pierzynski - "Bullets" by Creed
- Mark Teixeira - "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister
- Mark Teahan - "Baby" by Justin Bieber
- Nick Johnson - "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus
- Jonathan Pabelbon - "The Enemy" by Godsmack
- Gordon Beckham - "Seek and Destroy" by Metallica
- Ben Zobrist - "The Tree" by Julianna Zobrist
- Derek Jeter - "Square Dance" by Eminem
- Mitch Williams - "Wild Thing" by X
I'm not surprised that Metallica made the list more than once. However, Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber? It's like Eric Zane made this list. I will give Nick Johnson a break since it was his daughter's favorite song.
I think the best song on here is Cliff Floyd using the the Sanford & Son theme. The current FOX Sports Florida broadcaster wanted to lighten the mood when he stepped up to the plate. I think that's just gangsta. I want the Sanford & Son theme song playing whenever I roll up to a place. Also, how hilarious and completely racist would it have been to have Takashi Saito walk up to "Kung Fu Fighting" instead of "Hey Jude"?
What song would you use if you were a major league player? List them below.