This Trick Will Ensure You Aren’t Bit By Mosquitos
With all of the rain and heat we've gotten here in West Michigan, the mosquitoes have been horrible.
After complaining about the mosquitoes on air, we discovered that almost everyone in West Michigan was being plagued. That's when listener Jennifer came to the rescue with this awesome recipe for homemade mosquito repellent!
Mosquito Repellent Recipe
- Pour 1/8 cup of your favorite fabric softener into your spray bottle.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Replace the cap and shake the bottle well.
- Mist the spray over your clothes (not skin) and mosquitoes don't bother you.
Jennifer said that she used to get eaten alive, then she found out this trick and now mosquitos don't come near her. Plus she always smells like fresh laundry!
ADDENDUM: And now we got an additional mosquito tip, thanks to another one of our awesome listeners!
How To Get Rid Of A Mosquito Bite Itch
- Heat up a spoon with hot water to a temperature that you can stand touching.
- Hold the hot spoon on your mosquito bite for as long as you can stand.
The hot temperature of the spoon will break down the proteins that cause your bite to itch. After the bite stops itching, it should never itch again!