The Year 1994 Was 20 Years Ago
20 years ago? Who would have thought that 1994 was that long ago! Kinda creepy when you think about it. Let’s do a retrospective of things that happened 20 years ago!
Listed below are things that happened in the year 1994, meaning that some of your favorite things are likely over 20 years old. Get ready for a nostalgia trip!
- Green Day released their smash hit album “Dookie”
- President Bill Clinton delivered his first State of Union Address with a ‘ban on assault weapons’
- The Lion King came out in theaters
- Microsoft announces they will no longer support or sell MS-DOS
- Niravana frontman Kurt Cobain found dead
- Steven Spielberg’s Schindler’s List won a s**tload of Oscars
- Woodstock ’94 took place featuring bands like Metallica, Green Day, Jackyl, Porno For Pyro’s, etc.
- All of the O.J. Simpson stuff
- NAFTA is establish
- Super Metroid is released on Super Nintendo (Considered the greatest game of all time)
- Sega Channel was released
- Forrest Gump, Dumb and Dumber, The Mask, and Pulp Fiction were all released
- Nine Inch Nail Released The Downward Spiral
- Pantera released Far Beyond Driven
- The Simpsons broadcast their 100th episode
- FX begins broadcasting
These are just a few things that all went down in 1994, feel old yet? I was pretty young at this time, but man, I do remember a lot of these. Mostly the video game stuff! Go figure right?