Sanders Dominates, Trump Third in Kent and Ottawa Counties
Bernie Sanders pulled out a surprise, close victory over Hillary Clinton in Tuesday's primary vote in Michigan while Donald Trump earned a much easier win.
The results were different in West Michigan.
Donald Trump took 36.5 percent of the Republican votes statewide in Michigan on Tuesday. Ted Cruz was second with 24.8 percent. John Kasich finished third with 24.2 percent.
Bernie Sanders finished with 49.7 percent of the Democratic votes statewide. Hillary Clinton was second with 48.2 percent.
Sanders margin of victory in Kent and Ottawa counties was enough to swing the vote in his favor. Sanders won by 18,051 votes statewide. In Kent and Ottawa counties combined, Sanders' margin of victory was 24,124.
- Ted Cruz: 35,185 - 35.7%
- John Kasich: 25,562 - 25.9%
- Donald Trump: 22,742 - 23.1%
- Ted Cruz: 23,862 - 39.7%
- John Kasich: 14,263 - 23.8%
- Donald Trump: 11,600 - 19.3
- Bernie Sanders: 43,375 - 62.5%
- Hillary Clinton: 25,899 - 37.3%
- Bernie Sanders: 14,334 - 64.2%
- Hillary Clinton: 7,686 - 34.4%