Little Known Facts About The Grand Rapids Griffins [Sponsored]
Our own Grand Rapids Griffins have helped to solidify the pride our state has for the mighty sport of hockey. Eager fans fill the seats during every game and have a blast doing it! They are an affiliate to our beloved Red Wings and here are some other facts you might not have known!
- The late Pavol Demitra played 788 NHL games after leaving the Griffins, the most of any of our 117 NHL alumni
- 41 Griffins players, including the likes of Jimmy Howard, Niklas Kronwall, Darren Helm, Valtteri Filppula, Justin Abdelkader, Jonathan Ericsson and Jiri Hudler–graduated to the Red Wings during their first nine years of affiliation.
- Since the promotion started several years ago, Griffins fans have consumed enough dollar hot dogs on Fridays to stretch from Muskegon to Holland (about 37 miles)
MMMMMM 37 miles of hot dogs (Homer Simpson voice.) No fact on the planet can make you care more about the Griffins than actually going and witnessing them in action. Do it up right and get yourself a seat in the D-Zone! Don’t be stupid, beers and hockey equal good times!
- Discounted Ticket Pricing In The D-ZONE Sections Of 110, 112, 114, 118, & 120
- Same Great Seat For 7 “$1 Beer & $1 Hot Dog” Friday Night Games*
- In-Seat Wait Service From 6-8 P.M.
- Official D-ZONE T-Shirt
- Rub Elbows With The “Free Beer & Hot Wings” Crew At Select Games
- Access to D-ZONE Arena Entrance
- Automatic entry into drawings for Red Wings and Griffins prizes
- Dollar Beer & Dollar Hot Dog promotion available during Friday night games from 6-8 p.m. while supplies last.