Independence Day Weekend Fireworks and Activities in West Michigan – 2014
Independence Day weekend will bring many opportunities to celebrate and enjoy fireworks in West Michigan in 2014.
Take a look at our list and have a great Independence Day weekend!
The big celebration is in downtown Grand Rapids with events July 4 and July 5.
Amway Family Fireworks starts 2 p.m. July 5 at Ah-Nab-Awen Park next to Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum on the west side of the Grand River. The event includes Re/Max of Grand Rapids’ Family Fun Zone activities and games, food trucks, vendors’ exhibits, music and entertainment and runs through the fireworks display, which begins about 10:30 p.m. EST.
Celebration on The Grand is at Ah-Nab-Awen Park, and is 3-11 p.m. July 4. The event includes music, food and vendors, is free and is open to the public.
Here’s a full list of Independence Day weekend celebrations in West Michigan:
- Ada – July 4, parade and activities, fireworks at dusk at Fulton and the Grand River
- Allegan – July 3, annual July 3 Jubilee with fireworks
- Allendale – July 4, parade and activities during the day, fireworks at 10:00pm
- Caledonia – June 28, celebration with fireworks at dusk
- Cascade – July 4, celebration with fireworks at dusk
- East Grand Rapids – July 4, all-day celebration with fireworks at 10:15pm
- Fremont – July 3, over Fremont Lake at dusk
- Grand Haven – July 4, at dusk after Grand Haven Musical Fountain show
- Grand Rapids – July 4, Celebration on The Grand, Ah-Nab-Awen Park, 3 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Grand Rapids – July 5, Amway Family Fireworks, Ah-Nab-Awen Park, 2 p.m.-dusk, with fireworks at 10:30 p.m.
- Grandville – July 4, weekend-long celebration, fireworks July 4 at Grandville Middle School at dusk
- Hart – July 2, in downtown Hart
- Holland – July 4, Celebration Freedom with fireworks at dusk over Lake Macatawa
- Ionia – July 3, at the Ionia Fairgrounds at dusk
- Kalamazoo – July 4, racing and fireworks at Kalamazoo Speedway
- Kentwood – July 4, activities during the day and fireworks at night
- Ludington – July 4, Freedom Festival with fireworks over Lake Michigan at dusk
- Manistee – July 4, Forest Festival with fireworks over Lake Michigan at 10:30 p.m.
- Marne – July 5, racing and fireworks at Berlin Raceway
- Muskegon – July 4, Here’s to the Heroes celebration with fireworks at 10:30 p.m.
- Pentwater - July 3, at dusk at Charles Mears State Park
- Silver Lake – July 4, fireworks over the sand dunes at dusk
- South Haven – July 3, at dark around 10:30 p.m.
- Wayland - July 4, at Gun Lake Casino at dusk
- Wyoming – July 1, after “Concert in the Park” at Lamar Park, concert at 7 p.m.