Dumb Laws Still on the Books in Michigan
There are some new laws that have been, or will soon be, in effect here in Michigan.
The minimum wage increased to $8.90 an hour. The gas tax increased 7.3 cents per gallon. Registration fees for your car went up 20%, just to name a few.
But what about those little known, or paid attention to, laws that are still on the books? They’re wacky.
According to the Dumb Laws website, these dumb ones are still on the books.
- Persons may not be drunk on trains.
- It is illegal to kill a dog using a decompression chamber.
- Adultery is illegal, but can only be punished upon a complaint by the affected husband or wife.
- No man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison.
- The last Sunday in June of every year was named “log cabin day.”
- Cars may not be sold on Sunday.
- A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
- It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.
- Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.
What about forming a bipartisan committee in the Michigan legislature (that will never happen) and get rid of these. Oh, well, they’ll just add more laws to the pile.