A guy was shopping at a Costco in Puyallup, Washington on Thursday when his LG cell phone exploded in his pocket, causing his pants to catch on fire.

He managed to get the fire out before suffering any serious burns, but his pants were destroyed.  So the manager at Costco was nice enough to give him a free pair of pants. Sure, they were Kirkland brand pants and he's probably got a pallet of them now, but at least he didn't have to walk out of the place pantsless!

There's no word on why his phone exploded.