Calvin College Makes Most Sober List
While a few different Michigan schools made a list of Top 100 Party Schools this week, one school in West Michigan has landed on the opposite side of that coin.
Calvin College has been named the No. 4 Most Sober college in the United States by The Princeton Review.
Repeating at the top of “stone-cold sober schools” was Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.
About 130,000 students on 379 campuses were surveyed for the book, which contains 62 top 20 lists ranking factors like financial aid awards, athletic facilities and food.
Here’s the full “sober” list
Top 20 Sober Schools
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
4. Calvin College, Grand Rapids
5. Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
6. College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
7. Gordon College, Wenham, Mass.
8. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
9. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
10. City University of New York (CUNY) — Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y.
11. City University of New York (CUNY) — City College, New York
12. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
13. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
14. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
15. City University of New York-Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
16. Mills College, Oakland, Calif.
17. St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minn.
18. University of Houston, Houston
19. Nazareth College, Rochester, N.Y.
20. University of Dallas, Irving, Texas